Thursday, September 7, 2017

R&R With Not Much of Either

Well, despite having taken a few weeks off for some R&R, I seem to have been quite busy, especially with writing and teaching. Which is just fine, as they are two of the most enjoyable things I do. Well, and plus watching night baseball games at my local bar and schmoozing with fellow fans.

Following, then, are the writing and teaching updates. As for the baseball games, I refer you to your favorite source of sports updates. Mine is WGN, mostly so I can also get the weather news from one of Chicago’s greatest treasures, Tom Skilling.


Here is the workshop update…

On August 17, I posted two of my September workshops currently registering: “Journaling as Spiritual Practice” at St. Margaret Mary Church in West Rogers Park on Monday, September 18, and “Finding Your Voice, Telling Your Stories” at the Newberry Library on Saturday, September 23.

Here’s the status of each:

The journaling workshop is half filled, so six spaces remain. The Newberry workshop has only one space remaining.

Please revisit that August 17 post if you’d like more information on both. I handle registration for the journal writing workshop, so you can email or call me at madmoon55@hotmail.com, 773.981.2282.

The Newberry takes registrations for the Finding Your Voice workshop. Online registration is closed, so please call the Library at (312) 255-3700 to sign up.


…and the writing update

On Tuesday, September 5, I was very honored to have my (brief) Vietnam story accepted and posted on this PBS website:

http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-vietnam-war/vietnam-stories/?stackla=ct_59aefde5bbc535b84a42278c#stories

On August 25, the essay I mentioned in the June 8 blogpost—“My Spiritual U-Turn—was published in the National Catholic Reporter, both in print and online:



Oh, and on August 24, I had a piece rejected that I’d submitted to a magazine in July. I’ve since revised and renamed the essay and will be submitting it to another publication within the next day or two. Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment