Monday, December 26, 2016

2017: Bring It On

OK, I realize I’m a week early with the 2017 New Year’s resolutions, but this year can’t end soon enough for me.

So here they are, in no particular order:

1. Get pets: a couple-o-cats from Treehouse when it opens its new palatial digs in West Rogers Park. As for the dog, well, just like last time, I expect s/he will just show up.

2. Travel this year to at least one strange and exotic place, though one with nice bathrooms.

3. Screw up my courage and do the online dating thing. (And, not to be pessimistic, but if nothing else it should give me plenty to write about. With all names changed, of course.)

4. Buy a condo. Or a small house. Or, better yet, a Tiny House and park it in a friend’s backyard. Or in a far back corner of a local forest preserve.

5. Do more guest lecturing in academic courses, similar to what I did this past fall at the Lutheran School of Theology/Chicago. (With many thanks to Professor Schweitz for making that happen.)

6. Continue to act up, lobby, march, and protest for those issues that matter most to me, especially the green ones.

7. Be more generous and forgiving (at times, aren’t those the same thing?)

8. Other than just sending a check, volunteer with organizations that serve Chicago’s needy and marginalized.

9. Get regular manicures (see “online dating thing.”)

10. Keep track of these resolutions to make sure they’re more than just a wish list.



No comments:

Post a Comment